Thursday 13 July 2017

MOTIVATION FOR THE SUMMER + IDEAS

In addition to finishing year eleven and completed all my GCSE'S (which is why I haven't wrote anything on here for nine months ) I have one extensive, lounging summer ahead of me which I thought I would share my ideas for the summer and how to get the motivation for these ideas!

A couple of prolonging weeks after my last exam finished I got quite  down and unmotivated. I felt really low since a first time in a long while but I also felt really weak and couldn't be bothered to do anything. If somebody had asked me to hang out with them I would have refused because I was feeling that down and the simplest of tasks was too much effort.  After a refreshing but sweltering break in southern Italy I  realised why I felt so down.  Personally, I like to have and do a certain tasks / going out and the reason why I felt so down is because I was simply bored. Boredom struck and over powered me but since I had come back from holiday that feeling is no longer with me and I felt motivated and really positive about the summer ahead.


THINGS TO DO OVER THE SUMMER:

1. TIDY & ORGANISE YOUR ROOM/ HOUSE 
In reality I really enjoyed doing this since I'm an organised person myself I love to sort and group things together. This can make you so  more refreshed and clean. Start my organising your drawers- displacing  unwanted  crap. With my wardrobe and drawers,  I grouped my clothes into colours or try grouping your stationary. I had an excessive amount of stationery from the GCSE months but I didn't throw them away. Instead, I grouped my highlighters, pens and pencils into certain pencil cases and felt more organised and happy. I go by the quote "TIDY ROOM, A TIDY MIND" 

2.TRY NEW THINGS 
Trying new things that you've never tried before can be refreshing and a new experience in which you may end up liking to do. For example, try wake up early (can be very hard to do) or something that iv'e been doing recently is not going on phone straight away when I wake up. The reason I do this because it's better for mental and physical health and you feel more productive for the day. I think this  is quite an important one to come out of your own comfort zone every now and again as it can be new and nice.

3. EAT HEALTHY (I KNOW VERY RARE FOR ME) 
I came up with this subheading as the moment whilst  my mum grabbed herself a bag for crisps even though she's had breakfast, lunch, a roast dinner AND fruit- she picked herself some crisps- VERY inconvenient when you've had four meals. I know it can be very hard but if you eat healthier your body and even mind can become healthier too! I'm no diet talker but try swapping a bag of crisps for some fruit or if you're not hungry then don't eat!

4.READ! 
Having a break from social media every once in a while can have an impact  for your physical and mental health it can also improve your vocabulary and reading skills. I really like the Zoella book club at this time. I have read "moxie" which is about feminism and I'm going to read "the history is all you left me"

5. VISIT NEW PLACES 
This one may seem like it would cost lots of money but it can cost you a small amount. So far this summer I've been on a recent family holiday to Sorrento, Naples in Italy viewing the sights and the pizza Italy has to offer and the Pompeii ruins but viewing new cultures and places can be so refreshing yet so nice and new. This summer I'm also heading down in the Welsh Valley's staying in a cute yet sophisticated cottage and viewing the Welsh sights. However, try visiting a new town for a day in your local area and you can see what your region has to offer.

6.LEARN NEW LIFE SKILLS 
This can have a significant impact upon your future and later life if you're a teenager. Try learning how to cook or fix something and you never know it might be useful for later.

7. CREATE A BLOG
Having a blog is somewhere in which you can write down your ideas and thoughts. Although I may not get the highest statistics but I still try to include blogging in my hobbies and a site in which I can look back and reflect upon. Write anything you want from make up looks to weekly reviews.

8.CREATE A BULLET JOURNAL 
Since having a study gram (going to do a shameless self promo but follow me @emstudies.gcse) I have seen lots of bullet journal ideas and pictures. A bullet journal is a mixture between a planner and a diary in which you create yourself. It makes organising weeks and months a lot of easier and you can also keep track or what you're doing each day. I have ordered my bullet for just thirteen pounds from amazon so not too cheap but not too expensive either.

I'm going to wrap it up for today as it's been an exhausting post but from this, I hope you all have had some ideas and have an amazing summer!

Emily xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTIVATION FOR THE SUMMER + IDEAS

In addition to finishing year eleven and completed all my GCSE'S (which is why I haven't wrote anything on here for nine months ) I ...